Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Infrastructure Engineering at Spreedly is a team of teams whose focus is designing, deploying, and operating the foundational systems and platform primitives on which Spreedly’s services run. Building a high performance payments platform requires engineers with expertise in distributed systems architecture, infrastructure as a service, data durability, and information security best practices. We are working with and storing credit card data, so thinking about security is a way of life at Spreedly, as is building sustainable processes to keep things safe (and our auditors happy)!
We are looking for Database Reliability Engineer (DBRE) who is interested in building and scaling Data Services at Spreedly. DBREs at Spreedly are a hybrid of database and systems engineer with a unique understanding of DBA, DevOps, and SRE practices. We have some large projects on the horizon so your experience will help us establish best practices in database architecture, performance, resiliency, and security. We hope to find someone that brings a broad set of technical skills, a development and automation focused mindset, and a diverse view to our team as we expand the platform to support rapidly growing customer demand.
- A desire to build, operate, and scale data services on the AWS cloud.
- Broad experience providing SQL and NoSQL databases as a service to internal teams with experience in Postgres, CockroachDB, Redis, and maybe Riak.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and change data capture mechanisms using Kafka or Kinesis
- A solid grasp of Amazon Linux and Ubuntu distributions and their ecosystems.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (we use Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc).
- Experience with DevOps and/or GitOps and an understanding of CI/CD methods.
- A solid understanding of SQL and PL/pgSQL and some proficiency in Python, Go, or Ruby.
- A desire to instrument everything using platforms like Datadog, Sentry, and Sumo Logic.
- The ability to deliver data services in support of applications written in Ruby on Rails and Elixir.
- A desire to mentor other engineers and foster a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written communications, and a track record of documenting your work.
- A pragmatic, take-action approach but an openness to failing fast and pivoting.
- An ability to sort out immediate priorities from the ever shifting needs of a rapidly growing organization.
What we offer
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.