We are seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to deliver amazing lab productivity and purchasing to small- and medium-sized R&D organizations.
You’re a hunter, but motivated by building relationships. It’s easy for you to communicate with others - by both listening and empathizing as well as getting your point across in a clear and concise manner. You’re naturally curious, and don’t stop asking questions until you fully understand the situation. While you are competitive by nature, you like working in a team environment and are motivated by the success of those around you. You should be accustomed to handling your own pipeline and meeting demanding quotas. The role will report to the Director of Sales.
This role is remote and can be located anywhere in the US.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from companies working on COVID testing and therapies, to wine makers, to food and ag companies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What you'll do
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and understanding their requirements, and setting appointments for sales team.
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with an Account Executive
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Salesforce.
- Communicate and educate across customer organizations, including to finance, IT, scientists, and lab managers.
What we're looking for
- 1+ years B2B SaaS SDR experience
- Fantastic written and verbal communication
- Interest (or a background!) in life science would be helpful
- A tech savvy SDR who has experiencing working in a variety of different technology (we use Salesforce, Yesware, LinkedIn Navigator, ZoomInfo and other sales automation/enablement tools)
- Prior experience working / selling remotely, a plus
- SDR bootcamp a plus!
What we offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.