SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FRONT-END)
Peerspace is on a mission to make it easy to bring people together to meet, create, and celebrate in beautiful and inspiring spaces.
Over 3 million people have come together in a Peerspace to create unique events, and we’re growing a team as diverse and well-rounded as our community to help us reach the next 10 million. Peerspace offers an open and inclusive workplace where all team members are enabled to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and be recognized for taking pride in their work.
Peerspace is hiring a Software Engineer focused on the front-end stack (React, Redux, NPM, Node, NGINX) to join our team. We are looking for people with a passion for building beautiful user experiences with high design fidelity. As a team, we maintain a supportive development environment through mentorship, team offsites (when safe), and group code reviews.
As a Front-end Engineer at Peerspace, you’ll:
- Partner with product and design to deliver web applications that meet technical, product, and design requirements.
- Build complex UIs, working with design to solve any tricky CSS challenges.
- Ship frequently - we develop in 2 week sprints that include retros focused on evolving and tuning our process.
- Work with modern front-end technologies like Redux, React, and Next.js
- Collaborate with the backend team as they define APIs and other services that support client applications.
- Have opportunities to work across the full architecture of a feature, if interested, as part of a product-focused scrum team.
- Work independently to research bugs and implement fixes, and add to our analytics event tracking library.
- Continually improve standard web metrics.
- Participate in our culture of improvement by joining code review meetings, writing technical documentation, and reviewing PRs for your teammates.
- You have a solid understanding of web caching strategies and use of CDN.
- You thrive in an open and collaborative environment.
- You like to share - you write code that is modular and extensible whenever possible and leave code better than you found it.
- You love to ship - you can talk through examples of projects that you had end to end responsibility for.
- You want to go home every day knowing your work is valued and will materially impact the experience of Peerspace hosts and guests worldwide.
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Interest in React Native mobile development
- Interest in Clojurescript
- Strong user empathy
- An eye for design
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet every requirement.
- Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to a 401k
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
- $500 annual professional development allowance
- 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
- Work from home / distributed team
Peerspace is a community marketplace that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences. As a community marketplace, Peerspace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underused space and share it with an audience of millions.
Founded in April of 2014, Peerspace’s investors include GV, Foundation Capital, Structure Capital, Red Bridge Partners, and 31VENTURES.