Hello, emerging designer – we’ve been waiting for you.
We know you crave an opportunity to put the design process through its paces, on a real project with measurable outcomes.
We know you yearn to stretch your wings while still having the backstop of senior peers who can help you see your way through.
And we know you want to contribute to something meaningful that will move a real business forward.
Tesorio’s mission, simply put, is to help growing businesses thrive by managing their cash flow. Cash in, cash out is the lifeblood of any company, and our ML-driven tools help customers collaborate, automate, and anticipate more effectively in their businesses.
About the opportunity:
- Summer 2021 (actual dates to be determined; see below)
- 8 - 10 weeks, subject to candidate’s availability/school schedule
- Position is paid (hourly employee, 40 hours/week max)
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- Project is feature-based and will cover the entire design process from research to post-launch performance metrics
Please note that Tesorio is a fully distributed company -- we do not have a physical company headquarters. All work and team touchpoints will be conducted remotely.
Here’s what we need for you to succeed:
- The willingness to take ownership and run a project independently and responsibly
- The ability to stay organized and manage a schedule
- The confidence to ask for clarification and help when it’s needed (work smarter, not harder)
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- The maturity to receive constructive criticism and accept suggestions gracefully
- An eagerness to take risks and try new things -- and look bad while doing them (because, honestly for all of us, that’s how it goes!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Communicating project status and planning/troubleshooting with senior designers and researchers
- Conducting independent work on a project that spans the full breadth of the design process, from research to post-launch measurement
- Collaborating with User Research, Customer Success, and Data Science on various parts of the project
- Creating and managing a project schedule
- Coordinating and leading project meetings
- Participating in design reviews for other projects
- Meeting with other team members and being a part of Tesorio
Your profile probably looks like:
- At least two years of college-level coursework related to interactive/software interface design
- Also open to working professionals with UX bootcamp training (ie, General Assembly)
- Send us a cover letter telling us about yourself, including specific personal qualities you believe will help you in this role and why an internship opportunity is important to you
- Tell us the name of your university, your area of study, and when you started coursework; for working professionals with UX bootcamp qualifications, include your LinkedIn details instead
- Tell us which design tools you have experience using (ie, Sketch, Figma, etc.)
Showcase a project from your coursework:
- Use Powerpoint, Google Slides, or a PDF
- Tell us the project story -- the project focus, your specific responsibilities and contributions, your design process, the rationale for your project choices, and visuals of the final output
- No more than 5 pages/screens total
- If you already have a portfolio (congratulations!), ignore the above and just include your portfolio link
- If you don’t have a project example, make one up! Pick a digital product and tell us how you would make it better, following the showcase format described above
Finally, a little about us:
Tesorio helps growing companies achieve strong cash flow performance so they can shift from short-term acrobatics to long-term growth and innovation. We build intuitive, actionable tools that leverage machine learning (ML) to help mid-market businesses manage, predict, and collect cash – an essential activity at any time but a critical business function in challenging economic environments. Our platform analyzes billions of dollars of B2B transactions each year and our users spend 70% of their workday in Tesorio. As a result, not only do we save finance teams thousands of hours but we enable their companies to invest more confidently and anticipate their capital needs further in advance.
We’re growing quickly and work with the world’s best companies and the largest bank in the US. We recently raised a $10MM Series A led by Madrona Venture Group and are backed by top investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and Floodgate. We’re also backed by tenured finance executives, including the former CFOs of Oracle and NetSuite.