Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Dataiku, is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. With Dataiku, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Dataiku is looking for an Implementation Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate is an energetic individual who is passionate about deploying big data technologies and using data science to solve business problems, and who will efficiently help customers drive their projects to get the most out of Dataiku DSS.
As a part of the Customer team, the Implementation Manager is responsible for driving smooth client implementations of our product. It requires skilled coordination of the deployment, training, and adoption of best practices, positioning users to derive the maximum value from the software, contributing to their data-driven operational success.
In this role, you'll help the team:
- Effectively project-manage the delivery to our clients of Dataiku’s suite of professional services, including... assisted software installation, customer training/coaching, and co-development of data science projects with our customers
- Maintain consistent and concise internal communication across multiple teams
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners, both within Dataiku and among our customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction throughout the implementation process
- Contribute to the standardization of our implementation processes while Dataiku continues our rapid growth
- Set up our customers for success using Dataiku DSS from day one
You may be a good fit for the role if you have:
- 7+ years of relevant software implementation and/or project management experience
- Demonstrated implementation management skills including: leadership, communication, customer and time management
- Organized, process-oriented, and resourceful
- Ability to explain complex concepts to varying degrees of technical audiences
- Experience providing customer training is a plus
- An interest in learning about and staying up-to-date on the latest data science techniques (Python, R, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, H2O, SQL…)
- You must be technically-minded, but you don’t have to be an engineer to do well here
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP certification or similar training is a plus
- Opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale the company
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris, our European HQ (post Covid)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
Dataiku processes your data for recruitment purposes only. We store these data in our Applicant Tracking System, Lever, which is fully compliant with EU data protection laws, and we will not share it with anyone else. You will find information about our compliance with GDPR on our website.
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, doubled in size and opened new offices across the globe. 2020 looked no different as we announced a $100 million Series D in August! We are now more than 600 Dataikers globally. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography (and remote work) doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter
, and Instagram
to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.