YOUR MISSION: We are an automated dispatch platform and are on the mission to optimize the dispatching using data science. Your mission is to contribute to design and implement algorithms and business logic for the platform services that are the foundation of this platform. This means you will own the feasibility, delivery and service quality of services with your team as well as support integrations with other teams.
YOUR LEGACY: Every Urgently team across our growing organization is able to use platform services in real time using APIs. They are able to assess quality and performance of the service in real time. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1) First 2 months:
Understand our platform development environment and philosophy.
Understand how our current core platform works and it’s overall mission.
2) First 6 months:
Take over the development of the platform services.
Extend the service cloud to integrate with partner services.
Work with the data platform team to optimize the service.
Optimize various services that make up our core platform.
Own the service operation and technical support
- WHO YOU ARE:
- Detailed: As a senior engineer, you create detailed documentation of what you and your team is developing.
- Dedicated: You operate the services that you and your team develops, and take quality seriously.
- Problem Solving: You proactively solve problems before they can become real problems. You have an experimentation mindset. You are constantly upgrading your skill set and applying that to be proactive about the current and emerging security issues and practices.
- Technical Leadership: You are a technical leader and are always mentoring junior developers, designing and articulating the design. You value team accomplishments more than individuals.
- Industry Experience: You’ve been developing software in similar environments for at least 5 years.
- Quality Ownership: Your work demonstrates how much you care about the quality of what you produce and how it is performing in the real world.
- Must Have Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technology field
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience
- In depth and demonstrable knowledge of Microservices architecture and open source discovery services like Eureka, Zuul
- Expert knowledge of programming languages (Scala, Java, Python) and related ecosystem
- In depth knowledge of optimization algorithms
- In depth knowledge of operationalizing optimization algorithms like regression, multivariate optimization and statistical inference models
- In depth knowledge of operationalizing classification and predictive models
- Data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Hands on MySql and NoSql data systems, search systems and Graph Databases
- Unit and system testing frameworks
- Test Driven Development
- Feature Flags
- NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with data science tools
- Experience with search systems like Elastic Search, Apache Solr, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status