Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital
from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award
, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
As Flockjay’s first Manager of Customer Success, you will build the foundation of Success at Flockjay. With your prior experience in the tech space building valuable relationships with key customers, you will combine your proven track record of running high functioning customer success teams with a builder mentality to drive both the strategic direction and day-to-day execution of the team. You will adapt and optimize the model for how we nurture and guide Flockjay students from Day 1 to graduation, reducing attrition and building loyalty. You will also be an advocate by connecting the needs of Flockjay students to the larger business strategy at Flockjay.
This position is fully remote, however, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
What You'll Do
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience to our Tech Fellows
- Manage the Flockjay Success Team
- Proactively build out systems to improve the Flockjay experience
- Suggest, innovate and test new ways to create satisfaction and community within the program.
- Act as a player and a coach: you will solve, improve and execute issues as they arise and coach others to do the same
- Build out success automations that allow Flockjay to scale 3x in the next 6 months (and exponentially after that)
What You'll Bring
- Experience - 3-5+ years in a customer facing role at a tech company and 1-2 years managing direct reports in Customer and Client facing roles
- Adaptability — You’re energized by taking on new challenges as they arise
- Organizational Skills - you’re able to juggle multiple initiatives with ease
- Prior success - Proven track record of customer satisfaction, retention and building a team to do the same
- Prioritization - You understand what the most important issues are you and you can tackle them with energy and efficiency
- EQ + IQ - you’re able to quickly build human relationships, de-escalate conflicts, manage high stake situations (and coach others to do the same)
- Belief - you believe in what Flockjay is doing to democratize education & access and are excited to build systems that help us meet that goal
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.