The Couchbase Server Director of Product Line Marketing Manager will be the outward facing champion of Couchbase’s product lines. This role will be responsible for a range of outbound marketing activities focused on articulating both the technologic and business values of the platform in order to increase our product adoption in an extremely competitive marketplace. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Product line messaging and positioning with an eye on consistency across the product offerings and targeting specific audiences.
● Creation of strategic sales tools including presentations and competitive product positioning for use by Couchbase’s direct sales force and partners.
●Creating product collateral, evaluation guides, and white papers about relevant technology and business issues for Couchbase developers and architects.
● Developing cost effective lead generation campaign programs including messaging, long-form content, follow-up tactics, and promotions.
● Launching new products to sales, marketing, customers, prospects, press and analysts.
● Researching industry segments, use cases and business functions where Couchbase technology can have significant impact.
● Coordinating and communicating Go-To-Market needs with sales enablement, product management, engineering, developer advocacy, documentation and services groups.
● Interacting with analysts to influence market perception.
● Speaking publicly about Couchbase products.
● Publishing blogs to support our social media strategy.
This position reports to the Vice President of Product & Solutions Marketing who is located at Couchbase corporate headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- A degree in applicable database, computer science or networking disciplines or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of enterprise software industry business experience, ideally in marketing, pre-sales, engineering or product management
- Experience working in the evolving database markets such as NoSQL or big data analytics are a significant plus
- Experience in technical sales or business development a significant plus
- Experience using relational databases, NoSQL databases Linux and windows operating systems and cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP) is preferred
- Ability to present technical concepts and examples to a varied audience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities across departments and functions as applied to product launch activities
- Self-starter with abundant initiative
- Experience in software product management is a plus
- Web publishing experience is a plus
- Some travel required
- The ideal candidate will be a creatively thinking former IT or database programmer with sales, marketing or product management experience who wants to work in a fast paced market-making environment and organization.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.