Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Spreedly is seeking an experienced Support professional to join our team, learn all about Spreedly and begin contributing quickly. Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.
We are looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates the ability to prioritize, present solutions and take initiative. You listen with curiosity and a desire to learn, are patient, and can see the big picture.
A typical day might include combing our docs to verify product behavior, updating documentation, directing our internal customers to helpful resources, and running API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue. Outside of the queue, you’ll have opportunities to contribute to projects that help our team scale and develop new skills.
All Support Team Members are required to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation after onboarding has been completed.
This role will be providing support coverage for West Coast business hours: ~10am-6pm Pacific.
What you'll do
- Resolve customer integration questions and issues via email support
- Become an expert on the Spreedly API and related product offerings
- Foster customer education and self-service by creating, enhancing, and maintaining documentation
- Assist new customers in the migration of their data to Spreedly
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests, deeply understanding the customer use case, value, and impact
- Provide early and proactive feedback on feature development, training, and documentation
- Work cross-functionally with other Engineering teams to ensure timely resolutions
- Discover, analyze, and communicate gaps in the customer experience
We're looking for someone with
- Natural curiosity and tenacity to understand how things work
- A history of supporting technical and nontechnical customers alike
- Eagerness to research, solve problems, document, and iterate based on what was learned
- Ability to demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to thrive and take ownership in loosely structured environments
- Familiarity with support and project platforms such as Zendesk, JIRA, GitHub
Nice to haves
- Web or software development background
- Experience at a growth stage SaaS company
- A history of supporting developers
- Familiarity with the payments industry
- You’re fluent in Spanish or Portuguese (Rapid growth in LATAM)
What we offer
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.