See all jobs
May 7th, 2021
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Loom changed the way teams collaborate by introducing the fastest video messaging platform for work. Loom's mobile team is responsible for taking this quick and seamless experience we've developed for desktop and making it available to all users, wherever they may be.
Working on an instant video product presents countless exciting challenges to mobile clients making this role well-suited to curious and resourceful engineers eager to open black boxes and learn on the fly. As a team, we exhibit ownership by working on all parts of the app and actively encourage digging into the unfamiliar. This ownership extends outside of just our application code as well team members help shape our roadmap, drive decisions around the technology stack, and propose new processes to help us do our best work together.
- Work closely with our engineering, product, and design team to craft polished, highly performant interfaces and best-in-class video recording and playback experiences.
- Drive initiatives to continuously improve the reliability and performance of our application -- from the UI layer down to the video processing pipeline
- Maintain and improve internal tools in processes. For example, analyzing our CI/CD systems and finding ways to improve our build times.
Your Success at Loom:
- One month: You have familiarized yourself with the team and UI layer of our Android codebase, fixed some bugs, and shipped a minor feature to production.
- Three months: You are deeply familiar with our UI and networking architecture. You have begun to understand where it can be improved and pushed for these improvements while shipping new work.
- Six months: You have worked across most, if not all, systems within our app — everything from debugging video pipeline issues and implementing UI frameworks to improving how we collaborate as a team. You've regularly improved our codebase and processes and helped us ship with velocity.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years experience building native Android applications
- Experience devloping applications in Kotlin
- User empathy -- you are passionate about creating delightful experiences that solve real user problems.
- Experience creating readable, tested, and maintainable code in a team environment
- Curiosity and a constant desire to learn and improve
- Experience collaborating closely with design and product teams
- A strong understanding of concurrency and best practices to support it
- Dagger, MvRx experience is a plus
Perks at Loom:
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.