Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Spreedly is looking for a customer-obsessed versatile analytics professional who can go deep to derive useful insights from our customers and the market. They will call on their business knowledge and deep technical expertise to solve ambiguous problems and unlock powerful insights from a wide array of diverse customers. They will work cross-functionally with our Customer Success, Finance, Marketing, and other GTM teams to ensure that the business teams are able to answer hard questions with real data. They will provide insights from different customer groups across their lifecycles, addressing critical topics such as engagement and retention. They will help build and improve our data and analytics foundation including developing our LookML base in Looker, dashboard creation, training, presenting and reporting.
As a Customer Insights Analyst at Spreedly, you will:
- Responsible for business analytics work through all phases, including data quality, data analysis, data visualization, and presentation of results and deliverables
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our customers, the buyer's journey, the competition and market through research and analytics
- Understand key business priorities, drivers and hypotheses, in order to deliver actionable insights and propose new areas for investigation
- Explore novel ways to segment the customer base around behavioral, firmographic, market and usage data
- Formalize assumptions about how customers are expected to behave, create statistical definitions of the outlier (eg fast movers), and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions are needed.
- Monitor key customer metrics (usage), understanding the root cause and business-based explanations for large scale trends and patterns in customer lifecycle behavior
- Participate in customer insights gathering activities such as surveys, customer interviews, writing questions, and analyzing qualitative data.
- Building dashboards and developing our LookML instance
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative or technical field - Required
- Master's Degree in Quantitative or technical field - Preferred
- 3-5 years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- 2 years of experience using data visualization and centralization platforms, such as Looker.
- 3 years of experience in hands-on, intermediate/advanced ability in SQL and data analysis tools.
- Proficiency in programming/scripting in SQL and knowledge of statistical packages like R or Python is a plus
- Experience with and enjoy building operational and financial models, performing cohort analysis, and analyzing large and complex data sets.
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, experimentation design, and common analytical techniques like regression, decision trees
- Familiarity with Product Analytics - understanding and tracking customer and user behaviour using lenses like adoption, churn, cohorts and funnel analysis.
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills.
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business partners with minimal direction
- A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized.
- You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers.
- You should feel comfortable working across multiple data-sources, and be capable of participating in and understanding how multiple systems communicate information to one-another.
What we offer
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.