See all jobs
May 17th, 2021
Senior Product Designer, Create
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Design is a vital organization at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing quick video messages, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to discover and explore uncharted territory. That's why we're focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. Loom is a distributed-first workplace: we're hiring the best Designers and Researchers that live and work anywhere in the continental US and Canada.
We're hiring a Senior Product Designer to join our Create team. Our team's mission is to make video messaging feel easy, natural, and delightful. You'll get to work on the features for viewing, creating, and editing Looms — including the desktop and web recording experiences, camera effects, filters and backgrounds, timeline comments, reactions and the feedback loop between people, and the editing experiences that allow us to trim, splice and join Looms together to create playlists.
- Design Loom recording, viewing and editing experiences, across our desktop, webapps, and our chrome extension.
- Help make people feel comfortable and empowered with this new way of communicating at work, through playful and personalized expressive tools like camera effects, filters, backgrounds, and more.
- As a Designer on the Create team, you'll work alongside an incredibly talented team of Product Management, Engineering, Research and Product Marketing.
- Contribute to and help advance the Lens Design System
- Collaborate closely with Brand Designers, Researchers and Writers inside the design organization to help make Loom feel like a delightful continuum across every touchpoint of the customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally across the company to represent the Design team, with significant contribution to roadmapping, sprint planning, and product and design Slack channels.
- Be a mentor to newer designers and future interns, and help guide the design team's work through your own example and through feedback in critique and design reviews.
- Help recruit and interview new Product Designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
What We're Looking For
- Prior experience in Product Design organizations that have shipped software to users, working closely with Product and Engineering and Product Marketing teammates to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- An outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, and idea generation.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with distant teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams.
- A learning and growth mindset: Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.