See all jobs
May 19th, 2021
Staff Full Stack Engineer, Payments
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user.
Every month, millions of people read Medium content on the web through their desktop and mobile devices. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
- As a Staff Full Stack engineer on the Payments team, you'll have the opportunity to build out the end to end economic infrastructure that powers Medium. You’ll be responsible for experiences ranging from enabling users to purchase membership and other products as frictionlessly as possible, giving writers the chance to make money from their work, and everything in between. You will also play a major role in our continued global expansion.
- You’ll lead large projects, collaborate with engineers to set technical roadmaps, explore what’s possible with product and design, and help shape the processes of the team. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues across the company, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
Who are you?
- You have 5 - 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience designing and architecting engineering projects.
- You have experience building and consuming APIs.
- You enjoy being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We'd particularly love if:
- You have experience in scalable systems
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- You have deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST, and HTTP
- You have experience in the payments/commerce domain or working with third-party integrations
- You have experience building software using Go
- You have experience with AWS(RDS, SQS, DynamoDB)
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in"@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.