See all jobs
May 21st, 2021
Lead Payroll Associate
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Loom is looking for a Senior or Lead Payroll Associate who will own and manage the global payroll and expense process for Loom. This role will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager, and manage relationships with our accounting, PEO and global payroll partners. As an early member of the Accounting team, this individual will work to build impactful processes and policies for payroll, travel and expense, and equity management.
- Own and process payroll for US exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment
- Coordinate global payroll processing and manages relationship with PEO and payroll providers
- Serve as the main payroll point of contact for all employee and contractor questions, own documentation of payroll resources and training materials for team members
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, and ensure timely reporting of all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings
- Ensure employee and contractor compliance with travel and expense policy
- Process equity transactions and ensure activity for US and international employees is properly processed and reported for employee and tax reporting purposes
- Partner and work closely with internal groups like People Ops, HR, and Finance teams and external vendors to develop efficient processes and workflows.
- Oversee special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades or implementations
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 3+ years experience in US payroll administration, ideally in a multi-state and multi-country environment
- Solid knowledge of payroll principles, rules and regulations and with demonstrated strong payroll technical skills in a variety of areas including, payroll processing, reporting, payroll taxes, account reconciliations, etc.
- Experience implementing payroll, time & labor, travel & expense, and HRIS systems
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, data driven environment
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and partner effectively with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, tax, accounting and finance
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.