Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Are you a strategic design thinker who can bring teams together to solve complex problems and get stuff done with an eye for quality? If so, we have a unique opportunity for you to work as a senior design leader on one of the most fundamental aspects of Atlassian’s product platform.
We are looking for a Head of Design in Sydney to lead the Commerce Experience Design team. This team consists of multiple groups across Sydney, Australia, and Bengaluru, India, and is currently experiencing a very steep growth curve across all functions.
Atlassian’s Commerce platform consists of these areas: existing Commerce Platform which powers the purchasing and billing capabilities for all Atlassian products and our financial systems. There is also the new Commerce Platform which powers the purchasing and billing capabilities for our new and future Cloud products and apps. The team builds tools and experiences for our internal teams and partners as well as self-service capabilities for our customers.
As the Head of Experience Design, you will lead experience design managers, product designers, and content designers, to craft an extraordinary Commerce experience. You will partner on an ongoing basis with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, Research & Insights, and Program Management to execute the team’s vision. You will also partner with the Buyer Experience and Field Operations team to build a flawless end to end journey.
As a senior design leader of a major Atlassian platform area, you will work across a vast network of product and service teams to understand their needs and ensure our solutions scale, innovate, and delight our customers. You will also work closely together with niche services that are aimed at our relationships with our internal and external partners. Striking the right balance to ensure their business success while enabling them to provide our product customers with the best ongoing customer experiences.
You will work with other design managers, lead designers, and other partners to set the experience vision for the entire Cloud platform. You will also be responsible for the craft quality of the shipped experiences in your area and grow the level of experience design craft in the team.
Leading this space means you get to maintain, improve, and innovate for over 180,000 customers in 190 countries. Your work will directly impact tens of thousands of customers and millions of users! You also help thousands of businesses who have been building their success on the Atlassian platform to succeed.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Work within an R&D and IT leadership team to shape the ways customers purchase and manage product subscriptions on the Atlassian platform
- Drive the customer experience strategies to impact the Atlassian product suite
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentorship, direction, leadership, and support vital to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team of experience design managers and their reports across Australia and India. With a passion for developing others, you'll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion
- Bring your experience of customer-centric experience design thinking and practices to our teams
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped experiences with your team
To be successful here, you:
- Bring the previous experience of having led customer experience strategy with teams at scale
- Embrace the technical nature of crafting a technical platform and customer experience, not shying away from sophisticated details where they matter
- Have experience leading platform experiences with enterprise-level scale and delivering value to multiple, interlinked audiences.
- Have a track record of planning and then driving business unit direction autonomously as a hands-on designer, then subsequently as a manager, and manager of managers
- Show phenomenal facilitation skills and collaborating with other functions, like Engineering, Product Management, Finance, and Customer Success teams
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership
- Are passionate about the craft of customer experience and bring a breadth of skills to Atlassian.
- Have the empathy to step into the customer's shoes to ensure customer centricity
We'd love for you to:
- Have a deep understanding of the powers and unique challenges of a platform approach
- Have experience of enabling audiences with tools and frameworks
- Have an understanding of the need to strike a balance to nurture a healthy e-commerce ecosystem
- Have experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level
- Have proven experience developing and maintaining healthy, productive teams
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub