Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is revolutionizing the software development industry and helping teams all around the world like Nasa, Tesla, Daimler, and Amadeus to advance humanity through the power of software & collaboration. We're looking for a dynamic sales leader to further develop and lead our Enterprise Advocate organization in the Americas region. With over 200,000 customers worldwide, our global Enterprise Advocate team engages Atlassian's largest customers, representing Atlassian's enterprise product portfolio, including JIRA, Confluence, Jira Service Management, and Jira Align. This non-traditional sales role is responsible for the expansion of Enterprise level products into the above-mentioned customers. You'll be continuing to iterate, develop, and execute a comprehensive sales and account engagement strategy that prioritizes critical performance measures for your sales roles while ensuring all key sales and sales management personnel are held accountable in achieving OKR’s and revenue targets.
You will be required to compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities. Success will be dependent on your ability to work in close coordination with our Sales Operations team, our Marketing and Channel sales organizations (including external Solutions Partners), and other key partners across Atlassian's management team. You will report into the Head of Direct Sales, Americas.
We are looking for someone who leads, collaborates and has the ability to inspire staff inside and outside of our direct sales organization. You must be a strategic thinker, results driven, and possess an innate ability to empathize with Atlassian Solution Partners, colleagues, and of course, customers. Atlassian is a TEAM first organization, and this individual must be someone who can demonstrate both strong leadership skills and humility in an environment that prides itself on its open, honest, and supportive culture. You have over 10 years of sales management experience with a track record of developing sales organizations in the Americas. Before anything else, you are someone who wants to challenge the traditional sales model and optimize sales processes in an innovative, fast-paced international environment. Running the same play that worked at your prior company is most likely not going to work at Atlassian. You will play a critical part in helping us build the. next generation of our enterprise business model.
More about you:
- Ten or more years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Extensive experience developing go-to-market strategies and corporate sales plans
- Successful experience working with a channel sales organization
- Proven track record closing complex six-figure transactions
- Experience in leading key customer relationships and closing strategic sales opportunities
- Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep and manager performance against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
- Has led organizations of 20+ people
- Experience leading next-level managers across a variety of functions, including sales representatives, sales operations, and business development representatives
- Extensive experience utilizing a CRM to develop team performance metrics
- Experience hiring and on-boarding sales representatives and sales managers
- Extensive experience building and managing territories in the Americas market
- In-depth knowledge of local markets
- Experience working within both startup and mature corporate environments
- Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding performance targets
- Previous roles allowed this individual to make a positive impact outside of individual role
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Experience selling complex solutions to Dev/IT audiences
- Familiarity with Atlassian's suite of products
- Experience in a "non-traditional" sales environment
- Comprehensive understanding of Atlassian's sales model
- Experience with both on-premise and cloud software solutions
More about our team:
The Enterprise Advocacy team was established in the summer of 2014 to help support customers who are interested in scaling their investment in Atlassian. The team is comprised of Enterprise Advocates specializing in Atlassian's suite of Enterprise products and services. Those on the team have a collective experience in Sales and Management roles in both well-established Fortune 500 companies as well as exciting start-ups. We share a drive to hit our numbers, but above all, we believe in the Atlassian values and want to use them as our compass in constantly refining and optimizing our non-traditional sales model, one that redefines how software is sold in the Enterprise!
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.