At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is looking to add a corporate counsel with a focus on commercial transactions to our growing Legal and Compliance Team! The ideal candidate will be a key partner to our Sales, Products, Engineering, Marketing and Security teams and support our growing revenue deals, products development and documentation and vendor procurement agreements.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic lawyer who has a passion for helping scale and shape commercial contracting processes and policies, training team members to accomplish the same, impact the development and lifecycle of products and learn and take on new areas of the law.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including enterprise SaaS, software license, partnership and alliance, consulting, reseller, referral, non-disclosure and other commercial agreements
- Partner cross-functionally with global teams on a variety of commercial matters
- Provide guidance to Products, Engineering, Marketing and Security on issues related to new and existing products and documentation
- Provide intellectual property and privacy law counseling
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for business teams
- Manage outside counsel for quality and expenses as needed
- Assist with the hiring and management of our legal intern in Paris
- Partner with the extended support team (including sales operations and security) to support and develop processes for contract and knowledge base management.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Qualifications as a French bar lawyer (current or past)
- At least 4 years of experience in the IT or corporate team of a global law firm with training in corporate law; and a big plus for 2+ years of in-house relevant work experience in a growing technology company
- Strong transactional experience with drafting and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS agreements, including in regulated sectors (e.g. public, banking)
- Expertise in privacy compliance in EU and US markets
- Excellent spoken and written English & French skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Passion for partnering with Sales and closing deals
- Strong communication and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Track record of initiative, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in audits with privacy authorities
- Expertise in privacy compliance programs and internal tools
- Experience with dispute resolution and litigation management.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and time off policy.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it
- Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- $1000 Remote work Stipend.