The Product Creative Studio (PCS) team partners with content creators and distributors to define how the content is creatively represented on Netflix to members around the world. Our purpose is to deliver the most compelling discovery experience through artwork, video, and copy to connect our millions of global subscribers to our content. At its core, the PCS Strategist role is grounded in achieving creative excellence for all the assets that represent a title to help members engage with something they love. This role will marry entertainment and visual storytelling with data and innovation to develop assets for touch points across the Netflix experience.
This is your chance to help transform how Netflix Brazillian Originals and Licensed Titles are presented, consumed and perceived by 208 million paid memberships in 190 countries. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of this effort.
This role is based in Netflix’s Alphaville office with work from home flexibility.
The Local Language Originals and Licensed Creative Strategist is responsible for launching Netflix shows that are created in Brazil on the Netflix streaming service; overseeing the lifespan of a show from ideation to product deployment across multiple platforms. You will leverage content, marketing, product strategy and testing to create a suite of valuable assets to surprise and delight our Netflix subscribers.
Success is not only based on creating the most varied and visually stimulating cache of assets but also coordinating across numerous internal and external stakeholder groups; being able to form close relationships with various groups within Netflix is just as critical as with studio and showrunner partners across Latin America. You'll create strong partnerships with creative directors, agencies, studios in local markets and other cross-functional teams to define the creative look and feel of a title—telling a story through static artwork, motion, graphics and video elements. Garnering an extremely deep understanding of product strategy will be inherent to your success as well.
This is a unique position to blend the data based A/B testing realm with the highly creative world of Netflix Originals and Licensed titles. The strategist position uses both the left and right brain equally and requires a personality and skill set that can easily go from art to science and back again. In addition to creating compelling assets to connect our subscribers to the content they love, they also brainstorm creative strategy, coordinate approach, and socialize assets with multiple stakeholder teams to ensure a seamless launch on a global scale. Through a partnership with our Content Acquisition team and the Marketing teams, you will develop beautiful, inspiring creative in the form of static artwork, and trailers and additional A/V assets and video elements to tell a story and engage audiences in our brand.
- Write a creative strategy based on data and insights from partner teams
- Work cross-functionally to source, direct, and create compelling imagery and motion assets
- Collaborate with agencies, graphic designers, motion designers, and art directors to elevate the creative and enhance content discovery across multiple titles across different genres
- Clearly understand product priorities and be able to distinguish them from marketing priorities
- Create project schedules, effectively managing timelines from conception through successful launch and beyond, communicating milestones to key stakeholders
- Continue to proactively learn about product creative strategy and also be able to educate cross-functional partners and internal team members on the latest product developments
- Build and strengthen partner relationships as liaison to studio partners, PR, Marketing, Product, Content Operations, Content Acquisition, Content Platform Engineering and Legal teams
- Reviewing artwork performance metrics, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative
- Work with engineers to determine the best tools or modifications to current tools to improve workflow
- Access reporting tools to analyze asset performance
- Conceptualize A/B test hypotheses against the current workflow looking above the horizon to understand the big picture of what Netflix is trying to achieve and spearhead new tests and projects
- Complete fluency in speaking and writing in both Portuguese and English
- Multiple years of experience working in a creative digital environment
- Has in-depth experience in entertainment or creative development
- Awareness of global/local content trends within the market is a plus
- Exemplary organizational skills with a disciplined approach to project management
- Ability to create clear, effective briefs grounded in data and insights
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to voice opinions and give feedback
- Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and image production workflow
- Prior project management or creative agency campaign supervision experience
- Demonstrates comfort in challenging conventional thinking, and openness to accept feedback on ideas and work product
- Understanding and eye for great visual design and the ability to translate design specs into finalized assets
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals
- Ability to travel to our regional headquarter in Mexico City and to global headquarters in Northern California and Los Angeles for collaboration frequently
- Deep curiosity for testing and analytics
- Healthy interactions with marketing teams, creative agency, and/or production house, as well as familiarity with studio/network campaigns or entertainment branding
- Excel as an individual contributor with global purview