Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion-dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials, and a focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 120,000+ customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more proactively engage with our customers through direct, value-added outbound engagements, and through our growing network of over 550 global Solution Partners.
The Senior Business Analyst, Channel Operations role will help support the growth and continued expansion of our partner ecosystem, currently contributing to over a third of our bookings through solution-lead sales, consulting/services, and local market engagement with our customers.
More about you
We are looking for a senior-level business analyst with a proven track record of process design, system deployment, and shared services, from running day-to-day operations to executing on large-scale projects. At Atlassian, you will work with key partners and management in Sales Strategy, the Channel organization, and other multi-functional teams to implement solutions composed of business processes, systems infrastructure, and/or shared services execution.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Understand Atlassian’s Channel Programs, their requirements, and benefits, and ensure effective support of those programs
- Support day-to-day operations of our channel programs and tools, including service desk support for internal and external partners
- Review Sales Operations and Channel key priorities, assess the business impact of their projects and required investment, and prioritize implementation across programs/projects on an ongoing basis
- Contribute to the support and operationalization of the channel strategy through continual improvements to process, systems, and tools supporting our various channel routes to market
- Focus on recommending process innovation and efficiencies through process analysis. User experience, observations, industry trends, standard methodologies (Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Lean), leading-edge technology, and process improvement ideas to challenge the status quo and deliver extraordinary customer-focused solutions.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant growth
- Collaborate with our Channel leadership team and Partner managers for roadmap planning and prioritization
- Collaborate with reporting and analytics teams to ensure we are tracking the right metrics for the business to measure/supervise the health and effectiveness of partners, programs, products, and specific routes to market
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales Operations or enterprise systems implementation project management within a SaaS company or in a consulting environment.
- Excellent eye for business. You are familiar with traditional B2B sales environments. You engage confidently with the user community, ranging from people who execute processes daily to executive management. Able to identify assumptions made by business partners about needs and solution approaches, then develop and execute methods to validate them.
- You have a natural talent for solution design. You strive to keep processes as simple as possible while delivering key business objectives.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work/influence across organizational and subject matter boundaries, especially between business and IT teams. You also are sufficiently versed in IT to negotiate scope and assess basic levels of efforts required for implementation.
- You revere Agile methodologies. We will conduct lots of experiments and count on you to fail fast, but succeed often.
- Experience rolling out significant programs within a sales or quote-to-cash organization, from project justification (return on investment) to requirements gathering, solution design, cross-functional execution to launch, and change management.
- You see opportunities for improvement everywhere around you and are ready to swim-lane them all out.
- Data-centric and analytical with fine attention to detail, but can also see the bigger picture
- Experience with 1 and 2-tier channel distribution models
- Experience with Salesforce, Partner Communities, or other PRM solutions
- Experience with EDI or similar electronic data exchange protocols for order and data exchange with partners
- Team player at heart
- An extreme sense of ownership and responsibility. You get $#!t done.
- Excellent communication skills.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub