Minted is looking for a full stack senior software engineer to join its New Product Development (NPD) engineering team. Help build out features for artists and merchants to launch new types of products to sell on Minted.com
. The NPD team gets to work cross functionally with numerous teams and develops code across Minted’s entire shopping funnel. At Minted engineering we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment. When it is safe to resume in person work, we'd like this person to work from our Kansas City, MO office location (some work from home days are ok).
- Work alongside other engineers and non-engineers to make features that allow new types of innovative products to be available for sale on Minted.com
- Build both frontend and backend application code for product pages that excel in their design sensibility, user experience, and utility
- Collaborate with product development, user experience, merchandising operations, and product launch teams to deliver projects with measurable business results
- Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage
- Enthusiastic about doing the right thing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Passionate about crafting intuitive, responsive, customer-facing web applications
- Eager to write well-tested, maintainable, and scalable application code
- Empathetic with users and devoted to exceptional user experience
- Strong, proactive, written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in a self-managed, partially-remote culture3+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience working on and an understanding of both client-side and server-side code
- Comfort working closely with databases and crafting a strong data model, along with schema migration and form validation
- An interest in working on fast paced projects with very clear business value.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile software development environment
- Experience working on high traffic e-commerce websites
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, or equivalent document management system.
- Experience with Docker and containerization tooling, such as docker swarm, docker compose, etc.
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?