Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role:
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. Working with the world's top talent, our diverse and forward‐thinking team is spread across 60+ countries. We’re planning our (future) IPO, and we are seeking an innovative Performance & Engagement Manager to drive the innovation of world class talent development and performance management processes.
The Performance & Engagement Manager will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering integrated talent and performance management programs and strategies that drive employee and organizational performance. With top level support, the Performance & Engagement Manager will develop our global talent management philosophy as it relates to performance and engagement, career development, and succession planning.
- Build world class performance management and engagement strategies that motivate and inspire all Krakenites
- Lead the execution of core processes across the talent development and performance management portfolio including performance evaluation and cross functional calibration, employee engagement, and communications
- Effectively communicate the goals and best practices of talent and performance management processes and programs via written documentation and internal communication tools
- Strategically analyze the needs and motivations of all Krakenites and execute on strategies to keep them engaged, productive, and mission focused
- Expertly evolve internal talent and performance processes for scale, sustainability
- Partnering with our Data Analytics team, build out robust methods for tracking, reporting, and analyzing performance and engagement metrics
- Proactively partnering with our KX Leadership and Department Heads, you will develop creative ways to improve our Krakenite engagement and productivity
- Never settle for second best by continually seeking out optimization opportunities in and outside of Workday’s performance management software, systems, and processes
- Assist with leadership and career development planning initiatives
- Stay up to date on cutting edge trends or innovations in performance and engagement techniques and practices
- 5 years in Human Resources with at least 2 years in people management successfully developing and maintaining performance and engagement strategies
- Expert level knowledge of Workday’s performance management and engagement tools
- Proven experience developing and driving change management in a complex environments
- Experience working in a remote, globally distributed team in a fast-paced high-growth environment strongly preferred
- Experience at a technology company or highly successful start-up strongly preferred
- Strong operational experience in reporting and data analysis to drive strategies that ensure the workforce remains happy, engaged, and productive
- Top notch communication skills with an ability to provide clear messaging to a variety of audiences
- Proactive problem solver and disciplined self-starter that thrives in an ambiguous environment with ever-changing priorities
- Passionate about creating a world class people experience with an insatiable curiosity constantly striving to uncover the best ways to motivate and evaluate talent
- Appreciates privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us