See all jobs
Jun 7th, 2021
Quartzy is seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist to be an integral part of our supply chain operations and to help define our processes as our company scales. In this role, you will be responsible for strategic supplier sourcing, tactical purchasing, and analyzing costs to develop a more robust purchasing strategy for our Quartzy Fulfillment Centers. You will be essential in building an agile supply chain and ultimately ensuring our customers are getting the best level of service possible.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You will participate in daily business execution as well as aid higher-level strategic initiatives. You thrive in a busy environment, and believe that keeping things organized is an essential part of getting anything done. You are collaborative and solution oriented. If you catch inefficiencies or mistakes in your work or someone else's, you're driven to find out how you can improve and prevent it from happening again. Above all else, you are extremely detail oriented. Double and triple checking to ensure you've addressed every possible scenario is a part of your workflow, and you pride yourself on never leaving a question unanswered or a follow-up forgotten.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Own and execute strategic sourcing and vendor selection. Implement RFQ process.
- Issue purchase orders, monitor and manage purchase orders through their full lifecycle.
- Manage relationships with suppliers. Evaluate performance and areas of opportunity.
- Perform routine follow-up and effective resolution tactics to settle fulfillment issues and invoice variances.
- Assist with inventory management as it relates to procurement activities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams to take stocking positions and make purchasing decisions.
- Identify opportunities for implementation of cost savings and process improvements.
- Proactively manage the status of items as they move through the procurement lifecycle and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
What We're Looking For
- 2-3 years experience in procurement(life science distribution and/or hazardous materials experience strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and application of the principles of supply chain
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Fantastic written and verbal communication ability
- Bachelor's degree (in related field preferred)
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!