Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is seeking a Senior Program Manager in its Cloud Scale & Performance team to be the program lead on our PaSCoE (Performance and Scale Center of Excellence) program.
R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects.
The PaSCoE program exists to ensure that all Atlassian products and platforms are performant and scaling at a rate greater than our customers and Atlassian’s growth ambitions. Because performance and scale are cross cutting concerns that span across every organisation and team across all of Atlassian’s products and platforms this mission is huge, highly impactful, and company wide. This role is instrumental in building a company-wide program that ensures; 1. we provide fast cloud products and 2. stay ahead of the performance needs of our largest and ever growing customers. You’ll increase chances of PaSCoE success by removing friction, increasing teamwork, and improving visibility across the group and Atlassian organisation.
More about the role:
Teams building Atlassian's major cloud products and platforms all rely on a robust, reliable platform to shepherd their code from development to production while maintaining the high standards for our code quality and deployment practices.
You will understand the 'why' behind strategic plans and drive teams to execute on them. You will guide reporting mechanisms, craft communications for various audiences (including executives), set processes for cross team projects, and/or jump into a team to help connect and unblock teams.
To be successful in this role, you will build strong partnerships with the Engineering, Product, and Design leaders. You will engage with many cross-functional teams (with many varying perspectives!) and keep them aligned to satisfy the strategic plan. You will need to deeply understand Atlassian's priorities, and relate them to company level business goals. You're the center of team spirit, and you craft and implement pathways to up-level the teams working toward a common strategy.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in making order out of ambiguity. Alongside leaders and colleagues, you will develop and apply practices, plays, agile frameworks, enabling autonomous, empowered, and motivated teams.
More about you:
- A passion for running complex cross-functional programs in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts
- Demonstrated excellence in working with leadership teams and have the ability to guide and challenge leadership teams as a true partner.
- You are a progressive problem solver when it comes to Program Management and program effectiveness. You can think creatively and present strategic vision for operating excellence.
- You’re a coach, a facilitator, and a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together.
- Previous experience with highly technical teams and skilled in anticipating risks and dependencies on technical programs.
- A track record of translating technical requirements with engineers to break down, scope out, and prioritise tasks.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Relevant professional experience and demonstrated success as a Senior Program Manager within globally distributed teams.
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises, and help set priorities appropriately across the business.
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery.
- An ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy.
- Experience in diagnosing problems for teams, moving them to good, and going above and beyond to ensure they are great.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and ensure teams are driving toward delivery of high quality, operationally sound products and services.
- Comfort with change and ambiguity, and creative thinking to adapt.
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience driving change management across a large, globally distributed, organisation.
- Experience working on programs with performance and scale challenges in a large scale SaaS environment.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub