Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products. We're making a substantial investment in experience design, working to make Atlassian products beneficial for all teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
As a designer in the Agile group, you'll work with a tight-knit, cross-functional team, working collaboratively to improve existing functionality and build exciting new features. The core product you’ll be working on is our Jira mobile app, but always keeping in mind how it fits into the larger world of Atlassian’s product suite.
You’ll be empowered to bring your design expertise to the entire product development process, from kicking off early stage research and exploration, making quality designs, and qualifying the impact these have had for our customers. You’ll be making a difference to all the people who need the power of our Jira cloud products in their pocket; a key part of keeping work moving and responding quickly as situations develop.
As an experience designer at Atlassian you’ll:
- Make a substantial impact at scale. Many successful organizations rely on Atlassian products to do their work. As a designer involved in everything from ground floor product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible customer impact.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product management squad, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience of an exciting and critical area of our product suite.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Researchers, Marketing Experts, and Analysts to champion the user experience in our products and ship high quality work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company. We want to make our customers love how easily our products help them.
In this particular role you’ll:
- Steer the strategic design direction of our mobile apps
- Influence and shape how we go about our work, ship product, and drive the product roadmap
- Deliver high quality experiences to our customers, and help champion this best practice with your teams.
- Help your team plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests
- Strike the balance between keeping our experience clear and easy to use, with adding powerful new features.
- Help our design community thrive and grow with your craft leadership.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Deep and up-to-date expertise in iOS and Android platforms
- A passion for design thinking methods with a deep understanding and a high degree of empathy for the people who experience your work
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on design improvement. You are someone who can easily step into the customer's shoes to craft delightful experiences, or make existing experiences polished and user friendly
- An end-to-end product design process that stretches from discovery to measuring the impact of your designs
- Foundational research knowledge. You can define what user research needs to be done (and you're excited to do some yourself) and use existing research findings in your work
- Awesome communication and influencing skills. You're comfortable working closely with developers and product managers, and know how to work in a team environment to deliver on customer and business value. You can communicate highly technical concepts in a way that makes sense for our diverse customer audience
- The ability to communicate your design at different levels of fidelity, from paper to the final pixel
- A growth mentality. Our team moves fast
To be successful you’ll have:
- Extensive hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer, with proven growth, designing and shipping mobile applications
- A comfort for defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- The ability to apply your design skills in research, interaction design, and visual design to help craft and improve customer experience.
- Strong execution skills. You are skilled in modern design tools
- Experience prototyping your designs
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub