See all jobs
Jun 14th, 2021
Remote Customer Success Manager
CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 7 million underserved patients at over 300 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging. Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
2021 Team Impact
Since the start of COVID-19, our team has faced a number of new challenges due to 10x growth in messaging as well as changing customer needs to help support COVID testing, COVID vaccinations, and fulfilling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity, housing, etc. As a part of the 2021 CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping tackle COVID at a national scale for our most vulnerable patient populations.
Who we are looking for...
At CareMessage, we love our customers and are committed to their success. We want team members with a track record of success who are passionate, positive and care as much about the team as their own performance. As a Customer Success Manager (CSM), you'll be responsible for making our customers successful. You will work directly with our customers to ensure customer happiness and communicate the value of our product to drive deeper, more robust engagement. You will apply your understanding of the healthcare industry, our services, and best practices to proactively provide support and guidance to our customers. In this role, you will work independently, and within a team, to help drive customer growth, adoption and long-term success. Ultimately, you will be responsible for helping to train, onboard and manage customer relationships through their entire life cycle. You'll become an expert in our product capabilities, and you will use this knowledge to serve as a critical link between our customers and our product team, communicating your observations and insights, as well as escalating critical issues when needed. You will play a major role in crafting optimal workflows, creating and delivering training programs, and general best practices for use of our product. As a member of the Customer Success team, you'll partner with other CareMessage teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Research, Engineering) to ensure that our customers are set up for long-term success.
Who You Are
This role requires someone with 3-5 years in customer success who has worked with major enterprise accounts, preferably within the health landscape (community health centers, insurers and/or hospitals). You should be confident in your ability to retain and grow our customer base in dynamic, changing environments. You have a continuous improvement mindset; driven to understand ‘why' and able to suggest ideas to improve the current environment in a constructive manner. You think critically before acting. You are able to raise interdependent issues/concerns that may impact the overall customer experience. You subscribe to and promote a culture of collaboration, where knowledge and skills are shared to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of our customer commitments. You should bring a passion for healthcare tech, entrepreneurial ambition, and most importantly, a desire to work with and impact the lives of the underserved.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Thoroughly understand our customers, their needs, and how our product adds differentiated value.
- Develop close relationships with Management and other teams in our company – Sales, Product, Health Outcomes, etc. – and work cross-functionally to support top-level company goals.
- Schedule recurring 1:1’s with important team members
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Own and manage your accounts.
- Prioritize strategic opportunities and develop a plan for how to retain and grow those customers.
- Become a product Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Have a voice at the table, guiding our design, engineering, product teams towards a product that has the maximum impact on patients’ lives.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Accurately track customer satisfaction and product utilization
- Shape, iterate, and scale our customer base.
- Play an integral role in expanding our customer engagement strategy.
- Establish strong relationships with our most valuable customers and achieve strong customer retention
- Participate in the initial on-boarding kickoff meeting in order to ensure all customers get off to the right start. This includes:Setting success metrics and engaging customer leads and project managing the implementation of the Outreach, Messenger and Programs features.
- Advise and oversee customer growth, training and development of best practices to continually drive business value and return on the customer’s investment.
- Increase customer retention and adoption rates by conducting regular check-in calls to assess level of satisfaction, or lack thereof.
- Track customer activity to identify churn risk and work proactively via targeted outreach campaigns to eliminate that risk, while simultaneously identifying and closing upsell opportunities when applicable.
- Responsible for customer references, case studies and testimonials for the CSM’s portfolio of customers.
- Drive our expansion of accounts by helping users gain full value from the platform. Our goal is to reduce staff time, improve quality measures and health outcomes.
- Coordinate escalations in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner, to ensure customers are not left waiting for answers.
- Suggest methods to improve operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years healthcare experience
- 3+ years working as a CSM in a healthcare environment
- Passion for using technology to transform healthcare access and delivery in underserved communities
- Previous remote work experience
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and excellent follow-through
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal – and strong ability to communicate with key stakeholders across multiple levels of an organization who have varying degrees of technical aptitude
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Critical thinker; stays ahead of the implementation project team by identifying risks before they become problems
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player, with strong time management & prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PPT)
- Experience using Salesforce and Gainsight preferred
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
13 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off & 1-month paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
15 paid company holidays, including a winter break
3 day weekends every other week (started due to COVID-19)
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.