See all jobs
Jun 21st, 2021
Sr. Analyst, Acquisition
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
We’re looking to add a Senior Analyst to our growing Data team to help us measure the impact of our Acquisition initiatives (Marketing and Sales) and identify growth and optimization opportunities to unlock the next stage of Loom’s growth.
We have rich, complex datasets and our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks, ranging from conducting ad-hoc research, creating dashboards, building funnels, and crafting complex database queries and ETL pipelines. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, enthusiastically curious, and a clear communicator.
- Measure the impact of Acquisition initiatives (Marketing & Sales) and identify growth and optimization opportunities
- Partner with Marketing and Sales teams to provide data support through dashboards, analyses and adhoc requests
- Design and develop core business metrics, create insightful automated dashboards (and the necessary data pipelines) and data visualization to track progress
- Build marketing attribution to understand where users are coming from, ROI on campaigns and lifetime value model to inform customer acquisition costs
- Proactively derive data insights and turn them into growth recommendations, communicate results and learnings to the rest of the team
- Develop a thorough understanding of traffic, funnels, conversion rates and user behavior using large clickstream event data (from web and mobile apps)
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to synthesize insights into compelling stories
- Experience working with sales and marketing teams
- Proficiency in SQL (Snowflake, Postgres) - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau or Mode)
- Experience with a statistical scripting language (e.g. Python or R) is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and the underlying data in BigQuery is a plus
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or DBT is a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or higher
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.