Backend Staff Engineer
Backend Staff Engineer (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As the Engineering Manager of one of our engineering teams, you are part of the Product department and responsible for the development, maintenance, and technical vision of the Jimdo products. You lead a cross-functional team and collaborate with developers, designers, and product management.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or work permanently remotely from any location. Wherever your working location will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
As a result of a growing engineering organization and the necessity to support more diverse business and engineering needs, Jimdo is expanding the group of engineering teams that focus on our core products and domains.
You will work closely and participate in meetings not only with the Domains Team (located in India), but also with our colleagues who are located in Europe and the USA.
- Lead our domains product with our product manager and in close collaboration with the external cross-functional team of engineers, designers and QA.
- Align technical, architectural and quality standards from Jimdo with our external partner.
- Serve our external team as an extended arm and voice of the wider Jimdo organization.
- Improve engineering standards, architecture and processes for our engineering organization.
- Identify, design and implement cross-team initiatives.
- Provide mentoring to engineers across the engineering organization.
- Directly report to the Head of Engineering.
What we value
- You have excellent software development skills in multiple languages and environments (for instance Java, TypeScript, Node.js).
- You have experience with DNS and domains.
- You have experience in designing, driving and implementing large-scale architectural changes across teams.
- You owned a similar role in the past (e.g. Architect) in cross functional teams.
- You have experience in creating department-wide technical and architectural standards.
- You are driven by good quality standards and excellent business outcomes.
- You have experience in team augmentation.
- You have experience with cloud computing platforms (for instance AWS).
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.