See all jobs
Jul 14th, 2021
Engineering Manager of Managers - Development Foundations
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Development Foundations group comprises the set of teams collectively responsible for Plaid’s fundamental infrastructure, used by all engineering teams at the company. We maintain the systems and tools that power the development lifecycle end-to-end, from local iteration on an engineer’s laptop to deployment and monitoring in production. We advise other engineering teams on how to use these tools effectively and drive best practices for the entire organization. We’re constantly thinking about how software development at Plaid can be easier, faster, and more reliable and turning those ideas into reality for our teammates.
As the lead of leads for this group, you will drive step changes to Plaid’s reliability and engineering velocity, working with partners across Engineering and in related functions like Sales and Growth to identify the biggest opportunities and turn them into impact. You’ll accomplish all this by setting a clear, compelling vision and building a strong team that can realize it from the bottom-up.
What Excites You
- Building platforms that empower and delight other engineers
- Making sense of nuanced qualities like engineering velocity with clear data and metrics, then setting new standards for them
- Adding more nines to uptime
- Designing and redesigning an org that can keep up with the demands of hypergrowth
- Mentoring line managers and senior/staff ICs to achieve their full potential as leaders
- Hands-on recruiting of top talent
What Excites Us
- At least two years of experience as a lead of leads
- A proven track record of driving significant improvements to quality and velocity
- Strong opinions on the right way to build and the ability to get others bought in on them
- Experience building a great team through deep involvement in recruiting and investment in your reports’ growth
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.