See all jobs
Jul 16th, 2021
Life Science Product Specialist
Quartzy is seeking a Life Science Product Specialist to assist with our rapidly growing eCommerce Operations. For thousands of research labs, Quartzy is the go-to source for reagents, consumables, and more from over 1,800 leading life science brands. As we rapidly expand our product portfolio, we need curious, data-minded scientists to help us provide the best experience to our customers!
You are a scientist by training and a businessperson at heart. While you've spent time in the lab and are very familiar with what is required to make it run, you are looking for a way to utilize your skill set(multi-tasking, organization, focus) away from the bench. As all good scientists are, you're very curious - if data is looking wonky or you're not sure how something works, you're motivated to ask questions and figure out why. Above all else, you are extremely detail oriented. Quality control is important to you, and you pride yourself on your ability to pick up on the smallest of errors in your own work or others. If you aren't happy with the status quo in the lab supplies industry, come to Quartzy and help us change it!
This is a full-time and remote position. You can work from anywhere, and are not required to come into the office. You will be expected to work during our core hours of 8am-4pm PST.
Quartzy is the world's #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs and companies alike. We value openness, transparency, and good communication, because, after all, we are in this together.
What You'll Do
- Help Quartzy’s customers discover new products and answer technical questions about products in Quartzy’s extensive eCommerce catalog(>10 million products)
- Work cross-functionally with our Business Development Team and supplier partners to support supplier success and onboarding
- Help build and maintain the most comprehensive and accurate product match database in our industry
- Help improve technical product content in our Shop
- Work with your team to improve our processes both internal and external
What We're Looking For
- A deep knowledge and understanding of the products used by life science researchers, including biologic reagents, chemicals, and consumables
- Prior knowledge or experience working with the Quartzy platform would be a big plus
- Fluency in SQL and experience with Python or a similar scripting language
- Quantitative / data-driven mindset
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!