See all jobs
Jul 16th, 2021
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
Are you a lifelong student of sales? Are you looking to manage, mentor, and teach large teams of elite sales reps-in-training? Are you here for democratizing education and access to future-proof jobs? If you answered with a spirited “Yes!” to all the above, we’d love to have you join our flock!
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong sense of leadership, a deep understanding of their field and skills needed to succeed, and the ability to delight and empower large audiences of viewers. You must have familiarity with one or more modern Sales Methodologies (Challenger, Meddic, Force Management, etc) and familiarity with modern sales processes and concepts.
What You'll Do
- As a Sales Trainer, you will deliver Flockjay’s cutting edge sales training program for Tech Fellows transitioning into a career in tech sales
- Teach Flockjay Tech Fellows the tools, skills, and mindset they need to be a top performing sales rep at companies like Slack, Zoom, and Gong
- Demonstrate mastery of fundamental tech sales skills like Discovery Calls, Qualifying, Pitching, Objection Handling, Prospecting, Time Management, and Consultative Sales.
- Provide group-wide and individualized feedback to Tech Fellows based on their progress throughout the course
- Work directly with Flockjay’s Training team to identify performance issues, provide recommendations, and offer 1:1 coaching via weekly office hours
- Ensure classes are engaging, informative and effective in a remote-first, virtual environment
- Answer questions about Flockjay’s program and effectively convey their value to students
What You'll Bring
- Prior success - you have at least 3 years of either a) closing experience in a consultative sales role (B2B SaaS sales) with a proven track record of success, or b) experience as a sales manager, trainer, or coach
- Belief - you believe in what Flockjay is doing to empower upward mobility with access to future-proof jobs in tech
- Creativity, Optimism & Energy - your energy and enthusiasm for our mission and our sales reps-in-training are contagious
- Grit - you’re willing to take initiative and work autonomously knowing you have the full support of the team
- Organizational Skills - you’re able to juggle multiple initiatives with ease, and make sense of ambiguity
- EQ + IQ - you’re able to quickly build relationships with others and empathize with their challenges or needs
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.