See all jobs
Jul 16th, 2021
Director of People Operations
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role:
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. Working with the world’s top talent, our diverse and forward‐thinking team is spread across 60+ countries. We’re planning our future IPO, and we are seeking a Director of People Operations to partner with Enterprise Solutions and Data Analytics for HRIS process improvement, to create and maintain Policy and Handbooks for all regions, to manage global workforce strategy, and oversee global mobility.
We are searching for a Director of People Operations who is dedicated to driving the development of a world class, collaborative, analytical and people centric HR operations team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to proactively identify HR technology solutions, drive global workforce strategy, configure and optimize HCM systems, and to partner with security, finance, compliance and legal to create global policies and practices. You will own, enhance and manage a best in class team to deliver exceptional customer service to all Krakenites in the exciting world of a leading Cryptocurrency Exchange!
- Drive the development of a world class, collaborative, analytical, and people centric HR operations team
- Proactively identify various HR technology solutions to make it easier for Krakenites to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Analyze, propose, drive, and iterate on our global workforce strategy ensuring we support our global workforce in a consistent manner while mitigating any unacceptable risk
- Configure, and continually optimize, our environment of related HCM systems and processes to ensure streamlined operations that also yield useful people data
- Partner with Security, Finance, Compliance, and Legal to create compliant HR policies and practices globally
- Own, enhance, and manage a best in class team to deliver exceptional customer service to all Krakenites via our KX Service Desk
- Create, enhance, and successfully communicate global and regional policies, as appropriate, for disciplinary procedures, internal investigations, and a plethora of other high impact domestic and international employment policies and procedures
- Provide expert level support to our Visa/Immigration needs and oversee the development of a Mobility policy and program
- 10+ years human resources experience with at least 5 years overseeing people operations ideally at a technology company, startup, or high growth company that had globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international offices of various sizes
- Experience building a global HR Operations department from scratch preferred
- Strong knowledge of state, federal, and international employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Worked with alternate workforces on a daily basis, including consultants, agency staff, BPOs, PEOs, and Umbrella Companies
- Understanding of HRIS systems design, HR reporting, workflow, and auditing requirements (experience with Workday strongly preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail or a positive attitude
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environment
- Extremely flexible, open-minded, and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining HR protocols
- Relentlessly devoted to the ‘people experience’ in all things
- Extremely tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
- HR Certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP) and/or Bachelor’s degree in HR Management preferred
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us