See all jobs
Jul 16th, 2021
IT Helpdesk Lead
Quartzy is seeking a IT Helpdesk Lead to join our Technology Team and our rapidly growing organization! Our mission at Quartzy is to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and our teams work collaboratively together towards this mission using technology creating innovative SaaS software solutions to advance the future of the connected lab. The IT Helpdesk Lead is a new role for Quartzy that will provide day to day technology support for our 100% remote team, our HQ office location, and our 2 fulfillment warehouses located in CA and NJ. Additionally you’ll help lead technology related projects and deployments of new software and systems as we continue to grow and expand. It’s an exciting time to join Quartzy and to be part of our future plans!
Quartzy’s IT Team and operations are key to ensuring all of our team members have the right tools, software and hardware, to perform their roles. As an experienced IT Helpdesk team member you will be play a Lead role providing support for our team member’s assigned hardware, managing configurations and and provisioning accounts for our corporate software systems including Email, MDM, AntiVirus, Productivity Apps, and Security Software, an will be integral part of our onboarding processes, and onsite office and network support for our HQ location in Hayward, CA. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a Helpdesk ticketing system, be highly effective triaging and diagnosing issues remotely, have experience working directly with external IT vendors, and will be experienced in prioritizing workloads across both ticket support and IT project work. Additionally, you’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Sciences industry by building and operating high quality technology systems to accelerate research & development.
NOTE: This position will be located in the San Francisco/Oakland area within reasonable driving distance of our headquarters located in Hayward, CA. Depending on workload, working schedule will be a mix of remote and onsite time and on average will need to be onsite 2-3 days per week to prepare laptops to ship, meet with vendors, and troubleshoot onsite issues.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Utilize a help desk ticketing system and tools to triage, manage, and track provide updates according to internal service level agreements
- Provide courteous, IT and general“first-line” support for our internal team members via Slack, Zoom, email, phone, or as assigned.
- Resolve laptop and IT hardware issues remotely, troubleshoot and repair hardware and software assets including workstations, laptops, business applications, networking equipment, and peripheral components
- Recognize and make process improvement recommendations to address common and recurring support issues.
- Take a lead role in contributing towards developing standardized and auditable operating procedures for our IT processes
- Work with team members on planning, implementation and support of technology rollouts and projects
- Track user support issues and system failures and complete root cause analysis with improvement actions against timelines or project plans
- Engage with and escalate complex issues to vendor’s support teams, and manage resolution and internal update communications
- Procure technology assets for our growing team and locations and coordinate performing preventative and routine maintenance on technology assets and hardware
- Maintains computer hardware asset inventory and asset tagging
- May participate in an on-call rotation
What We're Looking For
- This position will be located in the San Francisco/Oakland area within reasonable driving distance of our headquarters located in Hayward, CA.
- 6+ years of experience working in a Helpdesk environment in a hands on role supporting internal team members
- 3+ years of experience providing support remotely to internal team members laptops using MDM and EMM tools such as JamF, Kaseya, and Meraki
- Experience working in and supporting a predominantly MacOS eco-system and applications, excellent troubleshooting skills, and also some experience managing Windows devices
- Experience working with a ticket management system, adjusting ticket workflows, and have the ability to juggle and track many priorities in parallel and effective at assessing urgency
- Experience managing enterprise, cloud based, email platforms and identity providers such as G-Suite, O365, Okta
- Experience managing issues with external vendors such as ISPs and SaaS product support teams
- Experience managing IT projects from planning through implementation and support
- Experience developing standard operating procedures and a natural instinct for creating SOP documentation for IT team members to follow
- Experience with remote access and related technologies including VPN
- Superb customer service and communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical team members, and a self-starter with a bias towards action and taking initiative on your own to advance project work with other team members
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!