See all jobs
Jul 19th, 2021
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
We’ll soon be opening our new headquarters in Brisbane and looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our team.
If you are tech-minded and have experience in general office management duties, you should keep reading as you’ll love this role.
Reporting to the EA to the CFO and based in our headquarters in Southbank (Brisbane), this role is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys various tasks, is self-motivated and takes pride in their work.
While we are a remote-first company, this role will be required to work in the office full-time.
A typical day might include:
- Overseeing general office operations
- Handling inbound and outbound mail and parcels
- Working with the Finance team on our online shop and monthly inventory
- Sourcing and liaising with a variety of suppliers, vendors and service providers
- Full management of the facilities, including
- Maintaining the common areas clean and tidy
- Ensuring office supplies are well-stocked
- Managing the car park register
- Organising distribution and return of locker keys
- Helping to organise events, such as conferences and meetings, both internally and externally
- Organising equipment and swag for our new employees
- Acting as the office’s first aid officer and fire warden
You will be an excellent fit for this role if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience as an Office Manager - essential
- Are tech-savvy and are proficiently use a variety of systems and software - essential
- Hands-on experience with MS Office or Google Suite - essential
- Are an incredible communicator, both written and verbal, and you can liaise with people at all levels and backgrounds
- Have excellent time management, organisational & problem-solving skills - those will be key to your success.
- Are agile and can prioritise tasks
- Are a collaborative team player who also works well autonomously
- Possess strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask - essential
- Is familiar with interpreting and following policies and procedures
- Have acted as a first-aid office and fire warden, or are willing to do so
- You live in Brisbane with full working rights
What’s in it for you:
- Career growth as we are expanding rapidly
- A competitive remuneration package
- Monday to Friday hours
- A supportive team where everyone is encouraged to contribute
We'd love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us about you and why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 120+ wonderful people.
We're a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever, while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, NZ and UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.