See all jobs
Jul 19th, 2021
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
Are you here to celebrate, champion, and empower upwards mobility for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds? Are you a driven and self-motivated accountant excited by challenging traditional models of education and creating more pathways into tech?
If you answered with a spirited “Yes!” to all the above, we’d love to have you join our flock!
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated Accounting Associate to join our small, but quickly growing team. This team member will have ownership of a variety of tasks related to Flockjay’s finances: managing the financial statements, sales, and payments process, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements. Since we are in a stage of hyper-growth, our ideal candidate is eager and ready for increasing levels of leadership and responsibility.
In this role, you’ll report to our Accounting Manager, work closely with other team leads, and be fully remote.
What You'll Do
- Participate in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger accounting (including month-end close, Credit Card Management, Tuition payment follow-ups)
- Collaborate with team members to provide useful and necessary financial reports
- Educate non-accounting coworkers regarding financial practices, implications, and policies
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Student tuition tracking
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in accounting
- Team-mindset -- you have the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proactivity — you’re motivated by the opportunity to deliver genuine value to our students and build this business, and you’re willing to dive right in!
- Adaptability — things change quickly and you’ll need to keep up
- Belief - you believe in what Flockjay is doing to democratize education & access
- Grit - you’re willing to take initiative and work autonomously knowing you have the full support of the team
- Organizational Skills - you’re able to juggle multiple initiatives with ease while maintaining excellent writing, communication, and documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Previous experience at a scaling startup is a plus and public accounting preferred
- BA/BS degree in accounting or similar
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.