See all jobs
Jul 19th, 2021
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
This is a fullyremote role, we will consider applicants in North America.
Reporting to the Sr. Global Payroll Manager, the Lead Payroll Administrator will be a key contributor to the success of the payroll team within the accounting function. You’ll have the opportunity to help build processes, collaborate cross-functionally and play a key role in the team’s ability to scale in a fast-paced environment.
- Run and review audit reports to ensure data is correct between Accounting, HRIS & Payroll systems.
- Review HRIS requests impacting employee/consultant payments (i.e, pay changes, one-time payments, currency changes, employment changes impacting entity & pay groups) for final HR approval
- Run HRIS reports to report payroll changes to 3rd party payroll providers and local contacts
- Tier 1 level support for payroll ticketing system including escalation tickets for Tier 2 Payroll Specialist
- Partner with the Off-boarding team ensuring final hours and equipment return for hourly workforce is reviewed and ready for submission to Tier 2 Payroll Specialists for payment processing
- Serves as back up and support for Payroll Administrators.
- Partner with Payroll Specialist Lead and HR Operations to identify any inconsistencies or opportunities for improvement
- Review Tier 1 Payroll tickets to ensure timely responses, follow up and overall communication aligns with Payroll SLA.
- Ensuring the proper handling of confidential, sensitive, or otherwise protected information
- Performing other duties as required
- 2-4 years Payroll/HR or Client support role
- Experience with Service Desk or ticketing system preferred
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and have strong organizational and multitasking skills in fast paced environments
- Strong customer service orientation that involves proactive communication and responsive attitude
- Must adhere to maintaining the appropriate level of confidentiality when handling sensitive and confidential material
- Experience with or knowledge of cryptocurrency is a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us