See all jobs
Jul 19th, 2021
Intelligence Data Engineer
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
The Strategic Intelligence team works cross-functionally, focusing on competitive intelligence and performance benchmarking within the competitive landscape. As an Intelligence Data Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our data analytics stack.
Successful candidates will have experience building ETL pipelines and maintaining large data sets from many different sources. Additionally, successful candidates will have a strong background in both SQL and Python, and have some experience collecting data from external sources via APIs and other methods.
You should be an ambitious and curious individual who is excited by the challenge of building a cutting-edge data stack focused on bleeding edge data in a rapidly evolving, frontier industry. To perform well, you will need to have a high degree of curiosity and a genuine interest in exploring and pushing the boundaries. You will also need to be flexible and able to juggle a few responsibilities simultaneously.
Additionally, the candidate selected for this role will be a self-starter, able to take extreme ownership of problems and stick with them to completion. Lastly, attention to detail is a must for this role, as these data sets are used to make significant business decisions and must therefore be as clean and accurate as possible. Overall, this role will likely require you to push the boundaries of your experience working with data, but for the right candidate, this will be an exciting challenge.
- Maintain the existing data stack by monitoring pipeline alerts and fixing jobs as needed
- Integrate new data sources into the data stack
- Upgrade existing data infrastructure to provide for continued scalability and reliability
- Clean data as needed
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience building data pipelines and/or maintaining databases
- Strong technical and some business/product understanding of the crypto asset industry
- Meaningful experience with both SQL and Python
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter needing limited oversight and input
- Able to juggle a handful of responsibilities simultaneously
Nice to have
- Technical understanding of crypto networks and other facets of the industry
- Experience with REST APIs and web scraping
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience pioneering new methods, architectures, and processes to solve problems with limited guidance
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us