See all jobs
Jul 20th, 2021
Project Manager, Original Content
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About the Team
Scribd Publishing is a rapidly scaling original digital content developer publishing across a range of genres, from Romance to Personal Growth to our flagship Scribd Originals program featuring must-read, ambitious fiction, and non-fiction from New York Times best-selling and multi-awarded writers such as Roxane Gay, Charles Yu, Kurt Eichenwald, Bonnie Tsui, and Jess Walter.
You are enthused by the opportunities of an all-digital publisher to connect compelling storytelling with readers around the globe. You are adept at balancing creative needs and production milestones. You think through every possible angle, plan accordingly, and pivot as the occasion demands. You consider deadlines with your friends and create the conditions for project teams to do so as well. You believe every challenge has a solution — possibly more than one. You appreciate what each individual brings to the project team table, and effectively coach teams to deliver their A-game. The embodiment of grace under pressure, you thrive in a high-stakes environment.
- Participate in defining individual project specifications.
- Own the pipeline from origination through completion of an array of high-profile, deadline-driven digital text and audio projects
- Create, manage, and optimize project schedules and workflows
- Shepherd multiple cross-functional project teams running concurrently – Editorial, Marketing & Merchandising, Content Operations, Publishing Operations, Product, Content Engineering – to ensure both high quality and on-time project deliverables.
- Act as the main point of the administrative contact for external stakeholders – authors, talent, agents, partners – in collaboration with Publishing /Editorial Team
- Liaise with relevant editorial, production, and marketing project leads to schedule talent participation.
- Responsible for project contract management, understanding any contractual obligations, including product requirements and delivery commitments, providing updates to designated contract owners throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide ongoing encouragement, education, and recognition to project teams.
- Problem-solve, anticipate, and mitigate risk factors from origination through project completion; communicate and manage escalation protocols
- Establish project post mortem protocols to share learnings to drive continuous improvement.
- Key stakeholder in Scribd Publishing programs expansion.
- Track record of success with high-profile ebook, audiobook and/or d-audio project management
- Progressive experience in more than one area of digital text publishing (book, magazine, online) or digital audio publishing (audiobooks, podcasting) project management
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Exceptional EQ, active listening, and communication skills
- Proficiency in recognizing, communicating, and addressing issues before they create larger ones.
- Confidence in decision-making abilities that incorporate inputs from multiple project stakeholders
- Experience in using analytical abilities to analyze data and find meaning to support decisions and improvement efforts.
- Dedication to communicating and meeting expectations with a sense of urgency
- Familiarity with talent, union regulations, and processes
- Proficiency with project management software, G-suite, and database programs
- Experience interfacing with high-profile talent, literary agents, entertainment agents/managers, and/or premium media & entertainment brands.
- Bonus points for fluency with Jira, Consonance, Looker, SQL, Klopotek.
If this sounds like your ideal next chapter, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits, Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans, and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion hiring best practices
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Employee Resource Groups that build community and support among employees
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Monthly inclusive multi-cultural celebrations & learning opportunities
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.