See all jobs
Sep 9th, 2021
Executive Assistant, People and Culture
Executive Assistant, People & Culture
Who we are:
Peerspace is on a mission to bring people together. Our marketplace uncovers the world's most unique spaces—such as lofts, rooftops, and galleries—and opens them for people to book almost any activity. With Peerspace, guests have hosted weddings, photo shoots, team meetings, and more. In total, over 5 million people have attended a Peerspace booking, and we're looking for people who want to help us reach the next 50 million.
Our people are the heart of Peerspace. We are a team that values inclusion and working cross functionally. Our strategy and objectives are clear and we support one another to exceed expectations. We believe that a healthy company culture creates an environment where people are excited to come into work everyday and contribute to building a successful organization.
We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate assistant to join our People & Culture (HR) Team. Bringing your previous experience handling confidential and sensitive information, we want someone who can exercise discretion, empathy, and integrity while working within a fast-paced, start-up environment. This is important, now more than ever, as we recently moved to a remote-first environment and are growing our team substantially to keep up with the growth in our business. Although this role will actively support the CEO and other members of the executive leadership team, this role will be reporting into the Head of People & Culture.
What you’ll do:
● Serve as administrative assistant for Peerspace CEO & executive team
● Support scheduling, logistics, planning and vendors management for company events including All-Company offsite and In-person/Virtual Events
● Perform administrative tasks including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, processing expenses, preparing documents, reporting and travel logistics
● Manage details of onboarding remote new hires and oversee the onboarding process
● Play an active role in our Peerspace culture by being an advocate for our values, culture and people. This includes supporting, planning and leading virtual or in-person events and experiences
● Contribute to the People and Culture (HR) team by providing support and managing of administrative tasks and projects, answering employee questions and supporting our programs and initiatives
● Manage confidential information regarding employee records to ensure all records are updated, maintained, accurate, secure and compliant
● Support the management of Benefits, Payroll audits, Policy & Process creation or other operation related items as needed
● Coordinate with various departments such as IT and Finance & Accounting for people and culture projects and support as needed
● Be an active voice to our employees in regards to employee recognition, special holidays, employee milestones, etc
● Assist in maintaining, updating and improving our HR systems, employee life-cycle process, and performance management
● 2-4 years of administrative experience, HR experience preferred
● Detail Oriented
● Passion for office people & culture
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Proficient in Google suite
● Ability to maintain confidential information
● Ability to be self-motivated, great work ethic and a cultural ambassador within a remote work setting
● An enthusiasm for office people & culture, with experience in event planning and hosting
What you’ll get:
● Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to 401k and FSA/HSA
● Medical coverage subsidized by Peerspace
● Dental, vision, and disability coverage provided at no cost
● Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● Discount on all Peerspace bookings
● Team members who work at Peerspace for 5 years are eligible for a 5 week sabbatical
● We are a remote first company that believes access to flexible workspace makes us more productive.
Flex work perks include:
● Apple laptop, high res display, and stipend to setup home office
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Coworking membership (in lieu of home office)
● Access to the Peerspace network of inspiring spaces to do your best work
● Quarterly in-person offsites and team-building events for all team members (in Peerspace locations, of course)
Peerspace is a platform that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Founded in 2014, Peerspace is a remote first company that maintains a strong company culture by gathering frequently in Peerspace locations. Our team members are currently located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and many other cities around the globe. The company’s investors include Google Ventures and Foundation Capital.
At Peerspace, we're dedicated to creating a workplace that's diverse, equitable, and inclusive. All team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and be recognized for taking pride in their work. We believe bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better enables us to serve the Peerspace community.