See all jobs
Sep 10th, 2021
Vendor Relations Manager
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
We’re seeking a Vendor Relations Manager to help drive the operationalization of Spreedly’s Vendor Procurement and Management program. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will play a key role in Spreedly’s growth by providing technical expertise and guidance to Spreedly’s selection and use of applications that support and enable our business to meet the needs of our customers and partners. You’ll own contract negotiations with vendors, help drive new processes related to streamlining the onboarding, renewal, growth, and offboarding aspects of vendor relationships, help departments understand application costs per role, and support those departments in evaluation of potential new or replacement software.
As an API-based payments service selling to developers, we are looking for someone who has an understanding of FinOps and Technical Business Management. You must be comfortable being a self-starter and taking ownership of the work you do. The single biggest differentiator for success or failure in this role at Spreedly is the ability to think strategically. You don’t need to have a deep knowledge of product development, but you need to enjoy and understand how the supporting technology works, how systems integrate, and how to translate that understanding into business value and cost savings. If you’re truly passionate about that being a key part of your role, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Devise and implement scalable procurement and sourcing strategies, processes, and assets
- Become a consultative, efficiency and cost-driven vendor procurement expert, skilled negotiator, and an internal resource for departmental vendor evaluations, renewals, growth, and sunsetting
- Participate and lead vendor negotiation calls
- Create and utilize presentations, reports, and other materials to aid in story-telling as it relates to vendor changes for the organization; be an agent of operational change management
- Conduct technical assessments for prospective vendor procurements including understanding of vendor use of Spreedly data in relation to data policies enforced by PCI, SOC2, PII, GDPR and other global standards
- Consult with and support other Spreedly departments on optimized use of applications as we continue through a period of high business growth
- Apply FinOps concepts to optimize Spreedly’s Cloud Financial Operations and ManagementCollaborate with Senior Executives on developing a right-sized stack of applications to enable project and program initiatives, and assets that technically enable departments across Spreedly
- Foresee and navigate unfavorable events through analysis of data by preparing control strategiesControl spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Previous experience as a successful manager of vendor relationships to secure advantageous terms in support of business outcomes
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Ability to think and plan strategically, along with an innate drive to execute tactically
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques, and dexterity in “reading” the market
- Understanding of data governance, policy, and security
- Aptitude in collecting and analyzing data, decision-making, and advising on proactive actions to optimize costs
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert level of organization and attention to detail, as well as strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Comfortable participating in a consultative capacity with CXO, VP, and Director level stakeholders
- Founder-like drive to take initiative and ownership over starting and building out departmental strategy
- Experience with Kubernetes welcomed, but not required
What we offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.