See all jobs
Sep 10th, 2021
Director Research and Development
Dragos’ R&D team is responsible for solving industrial control system security challenges. We then bring that expertise back and integrate it into our software technology: The Dragos Platform. Dragos is seeking a passionate Director of Research and Development to be a people manager for our growing, highly technical team. This position works closely with Product, Engineering, Intelligence, and Services teams to drive insights in incident response, network situational awareness, and threat behavioral analytics.
This role is 100% remote and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Support and enable team of Detection and Reverse Engineers.
- Oversee concepts from research to implementation in the form of detections, threat behavior detections, and asset identification implemented within the Dragos Platform
- Overall execution of concurrent research areas and delivery of innovation into Dragos Ecosystem offerings tied to business objectives
- Connect with customers and industry partners to collect data and create new host or network detections and characterizations
- Produce and review key performance metrics aligned with business objectives
- Assist in long term planning and strategy
- 3+ years of leading teams up to 10 people
- Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills; ability to both facilitate and present complex analytical data to a variety of audiences and work effectively with customers
- Project management skills
- Ability to travel (< 30%) to customer sites or headquarters
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience in industrial environments, network communications and protocols, and software development or software reverse engineering
- Experience with industrial control systems security, electric, oil and gas, or manufacturing verticals
- Experience using Jira Software for agile project management
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a core value at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical in our success as we defend adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success.
We offer equity, competitive salaries, remote working, unlimited PTO, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K, and life insurance.
Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws.