See all jobs
Sep 12th, 2021
Operations Performance Improvement Manager
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
The Operations Performance Improvement Manager within the Operations Performance group drives measurable continuous organizational improvements. He/she partners with leaders and frontline staff to assess opportunities for change and facilitates the design and implementation of quantifiable smaller- and large-scale business transformations accordingly.
The ideal candidate is a proven team player with the ability to effectively lead cross- functional improvement efforts and influence senior management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scope, plan, and execute operational improvement efforts with minimal supervision
- Engage with cross-functional leadership and other stakeholders to 1. Understand current processes/systems and pain points. 2. Conduct root cause analyses of identified issues. 3. Elicit detailed business needs of future solutions
- Comprehensively and effectively facilitate improvement efforts and related activities (e.g., current/future state process flow diagrams, protocols, training, measurement plans)
- Present updates, findings, and recommendations to leadership and internal customers
- Measure impact of efforts to validate desired results are achieved and assure mechanisms are in place to sustain improved performance
- Continuously promote data-driven decision-making and actively contribute to organizational development and ongoing optimization
Attributes to success:
- Strong understanding of business process analysis and improvement, project management, and change management approaches and principles
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with leadership across the organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytic mindset, comfort autonomously executing qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations
- Results-oriented with a willingness to take initiative and get the job done
- High degree of professionalism
Desired skills and experience:
- 5-7 years of relevant business experience, including 2 or more years of demonstrated experience in a consulting, process improvement, and/or project management role
- Demonstrated progression of leadership, responsibility, knowledge, and experience
- Health plan experience strongly preferred
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.