See all jobs
Sep 12th, 2021
Employee Relations Manager
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
Seeking an experienced ER manager to take ownership for the company’s US and global workplace investigations, performance improvement plan process/policy, and our separation process/policy, including enhancing our exit interview data collection and utilization. The ER Manager will serve as the point of escalation for our HR Generalists, HR BPs, and business leaders on sensitive personnel issues, as well to provide expert level advice and guidance. The ER Manager will have the opportunity to:
- Provide expert level guidance and advice to HR colleagues, business unit heads, and other leaders within the Company on a wide variety of employee relation issues and workplace investigations
- Develop and maintain all internal guides including people-manager and HR guidelines and checklists for separation procedures and policies, workplace investigations, and disciplinary and grievance processes, including liaison with Legal as needed, design the effective collection and analysis of Exit Interviews
- Analyze and improve performance improvement plan processes and metrics
- Develop and lead coaching sessions on conflict resolution, performance improvement plan communication, and more
- Develop proactive policies for identifying, reporting on, and responding ton high risk/at-risk behavior in a global remote work environmentPartner with IT, Payroll, and Legal to enhance our offboarding procedures and ensure they are seamless and secure
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and interpretation of the Company’s HR policies and practices, incorporating knowledge of state and federal employment laws. (i. e. ADA, FMLA, EEO)
- 8+ years of relevant Human Resources experience ideally focused on employee relations, employment law, or HRBP/People Partner experiences
- Mastery of state and federal employment law with a strong working knowledge of employment regulations in a variety of international locations
- Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritizeExcellent communication (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills
- Handles sensitive information with the utmost discretion and maintains confidentialityExperience working with employees and contractors
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail or a positive attitude
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environmentExtremely flexible, open-minded, and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining HR protocols
- Relentlessly devoted to the ‘people experience’ in all things Extremely tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us