See all jobs
Sep 13th, 2021
Product Manager AU $120K-$140K
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you'll love this position.
A typical day might include
- Build an understanding of our customers across a range of industries and technologies stacks
- Manage the direction and plan for your product area: learning from a wide range of inputs, distilling where opportunities exist, then prioritising work that delivers a positive impact
- Explore the next wave of opportunities with customers around the world - you will have flexibility and input into the timing of when those conversations happen
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Partner with design and engineering leads to keep a quality product experience, while supporting a reasonable delivery pace
- Motivate a group of committed smart people to do the best work of their careers through stories of the purpose and impact of their work
We are looking for someone like you who:
- Has multiple years of experience in a software product role, finding opportunity, making strategic decisions, and learning through multiple release cycles
- Focuses on outcomes first with examples of how learning and feedback have been incorporated into your strategies and experiences
- Can clearly communicate and guide discussions with customers and creating alignment within the organization across executives, decision makers, and influencers
- Represents your product, always looking for opportunities to improve engagement and support customer success
- Understands software development lifecycles - web and cloud applications are ideal, and we will invest in growing your knowledge
Interested? We'd love to hear from you. Please include a cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role and how Octopus would be a good fit for you.
We are looking for people who live and work in Australia or New Zealand to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 120+ wonderful people.
We're a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever, while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, NZ and UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.