See all jobs
Sep 13th, 2021
Director of Support Engineering
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
Spreedly Support is a diverse group of highly skilled technical support professionals. We pride ourselves on putting our customers first in our mission to deliver world class support that delights our customers and partners.
Spreedly Support is dedicated to providing the right support at the right time through the right channels for our customers. We’re here to protect our customers’ investment in Spreedly and ensure they receive a return by creating experiences customers love. We work with customers to proactively overcome challenges, resolve issues, and make it faster and easier to get answers to questions and find solutions. We aim to maximize knowledge sharing to ensure our customers’ success with Spreedly.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the payments space? Spreedly is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented Support leader to join our high-growth organization to build and lead a world class Support Engineering team.
You’ll have the opportunity to join a diverse team of Support professionals, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will lead a core team located in the United States across multiple time zones, and have the opportunity to build and grow Spreedly’s global support presence in EMEA, LATAM, and APAC. Equally, you'll quickly be immersed in a fast-paced, high growth environment where you will be challenged daily, driven to collaborate cross-functionally, and rewarded by immediately witnessing your contributions to Spreedly and to our customers.
- Lead, evaluate, train and develop a team of technical support engineers to ensure that Support Engineering objectives are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set quality goals.
- Align team level goals with corporate objectives, set clear and challenging goals, and manage to defined Support KPIs.
- Participate in customer and prospect meetings prior to contract close where Support involvement is required in order to meet service level requirements or with respect to Enterprise contract negotiations.
- Work with product development to operationalize support for new product and feature offerings.
- Seek continuous improvement in people, processes and production. Hold yourself and teams accountable to a clear and high bar.
- Be a culture ambassador in the organization. Develop people with SMART goals, balance strategic enterprise objectives and professional development of our human capital.
- Identify strategic opportunities and potential threats associated with emerging technologies and advocate plans that ensure our products, services, and support levels remain best in class.
- Champion Support best practices within the organization and drive training and education progress for continuous development.
- Maintain and communicate all related metrics and scorecard data around operations and execution monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Co-own objectives and key results, and provide actionable options for executing to meet or exceed team goals.
- Prioritize and manage resource allocations based on changing business priorities, technical direction and budget. They will be responsible for capacity management, Support Engineering resourcing, and reporting.
- Drive cross functional strategic initiatives/projects that align with department and corporate goals.
- Knowledge and experience managing technical support of API and/or integration based SaaS products.
- Knowledge of best practices in support-driven service delivery, SaaS design & architecture, object-oriented programming, databases, web technologies, cloud platforms, DevOps best practices.
- Demonstrated success delivering a premium support offering.
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills required. Ability to communicate with and present to a technical audience, senior management & relevant stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate, focus and clarify technical concepts and business requirements to a broad audience through various communication channels.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities with effective organizational and time management skills; the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision while guiding and leading others.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change in a state of constant change.
- Comfortable participating on Enterprise level calls with CxO, VP and Director level customers.
- Entrepreneurial drive to take initiative and ownership over starting and building out departmental strategy.
- Experience managing on-shore, off-shore, and outsourced technical teams.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; or comparable certifications from an academic environment; or equivalent additional relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry, 3+ years managing people, process, and technical support teams directly.
- Experience managing team leads and/or managers across a global footprint.
What we offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.