See all jobs
Sep 13th, 2021
Product Manager, Activation
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This role will focus on the EMEA region.
The Product Manager will be responsible for core functional aspects related to activation. The ideal candidate is data-driven, process oriented, technically adept and has a proven track record of achievement.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Work directly with engineering, design, commercial, compliance, and other teams to deliver an industry leading user experience for onboarding and activation
- Stay abreast of the best competitor and third party solutions and experiences in the market to improve use activation, including onboarding and account funding
- Own the end-to-end user journey and conversion from user signup to first crypto investment or trade
- Evaluate new initiatives for continuous improvement and bring forward proposals for both short-term and long-term build-out
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Actively prioritize product backlog, pre planning, prioritization and user story mapping sessions
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, site-maps, and process flows.
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Ensure proper integration and scalability of shared systems, products and tools
- Passion for cryptocurrency, fintech, and Kraken’s mission
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Familiarity with onboarding journeys or automated KYC solutions is preferred
- Expertise in data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us