See all jobs
Sep 14th, 2021
Technical Writer - Linux/open source
Percona Support is a global, elite team of engineers who love getting to the bottom of weird and interesting database behaviour. We understand our customers’ business needs and the nuances of their technical environments. This allows us to help our customers see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve their overall database infrastructures.
What you’ll be doing…
Because of our commitment to our customer’s satisfaction, we’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our Support team to help take our customer-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have proven experience in a highly technical field. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you’ll have a natural desire to help people understand difficult subjects.
This role is dedicated to our Knowledge Base content; identifying gaps, research, outline, write and edit new and existing content. Gather information from sources such as customer interactions, conversations with Support engineers and feedback, and transform this data into a customer facing solution. This role is a great opportunity for anyone who loves to explore and understand product functionality and then create, test, develop and drive the product and database content to the next level.
This role requires fluent interaction, teaming with some of the most well known database Engineers in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors.
- Experience as a Technical Writer is preferred
- Knowledge of Linux is considered a plus; Someone who uses Linux on their personal computer ideally
- Ability to follow online tutorials on complex subjects and have a good understanding of the purpose of each step
- Familiarity with manuals and IT documentation
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials is considered a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English
- High attention to detail to ensure quality
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience is preferred: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and be proactive
- Experience with content usage reporting, building, and utilizing
- Collaboration skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Programming and/or database background
- Native English
- Familiarity with writing styles
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.