See all jobs
Sep 20th, 2021
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 12M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you'll partner with the product team responsible for establishing video messaging as a core communication tool for workplace teams with a specific focus on collaboration and administration capabilities.
We believe in the promise of modern work, effective communication, and that the future of work is bright. The ideal candidate has experience in and a passion for marketing SaaS products to buyers and end-users. You should be an expert in translating product capabilities into use cases, benefits, and business outcomes.
You'll be responsible for partnering, primarily, with our product, sales, and success teams to drive awareness and adoption of Loom amongst our target enterprise customers.
* We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Deeply understand the market and Loom's target enterprise customers and admins, the CIO and the CHRO, including their motivations and pain points
- Define positioning, develop messaging, and create collateral to convince buyers to adopt and use Loom on a daily basis with their teammates
- Own the launch of new products and capabilities, end-to-end, including measuring their success
- Guide product vision, influence roadmap, and develop go-to-market strategy to deliver business outcomes
- Own and continually improve Loom's sales narrative and pitch deck as our product matures and our understanding of the market, competitors, and customers evolve
- Source, create, and repurpose customer success stories and testimonials for use across multiple touchpoints in the sales cycle
- Create written content to enable our sales and success teams to close new deals and expand existing accounts, including competitor battle cards, product fact sheets, and buyer personas
- Establish a feedback loop between marketing and sales, and measure the effectiveness of enablement efforts, to identify needs and inform future initiatives
What We're Looking For
- 5-8+ years of experience in B2B marketing roles, ideally direct experience in a product marketing role for SaaS
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a startup environment and work cross-functionally to influence leadership, align stakeholders, and execute quickly with business partners
- Attention to detail and the ability to synthesize a lot of information into a concise, compelling message
- A genuine curiosity for new technologies and better ways of working
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Experience with strategy development and long-term goal setting
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.