See all jobs
Sep 28th, 2021
Technical Accounting & Strategic Projects Manager
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 12M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Loom is looking for an experienced person to join our Accounting team in a critical, high-impact role. In this role, you will be crucial in leading our first year audit, responsible for both internal and external reporting needs, building our technical accounting processes, and managing auditors through our first year audit and beyond. This role will report to the Director of Finance, and as an early member of the growing Accounting team, will tackle not only technical accounting but also strategic and operational projects as needed. We're excited for you to be a key contributor and subject matter expert in a hypergrowth environment and assist in providing thought leadership, best practices, and operational execution.
* We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Lead our first year audit. Liaise with the finance department, internal legal counsel and external auditors
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource for the operating business to support key standard transactions and initiatives, including preparation of technical accounting memos
- Partner with other members of the accounting team to implement new accounting standards, changes in accounting policies or to operationalize the accounting for new or modified products
- Prepare and review financial statements in accordance with GAAP, including the statement of cash flows, earnings per share and statement of shareholders equity
- Partner with Legal and HR to manage the Company’s equity compensation plan and oversee accounting for stock-based compensation, including the valuation, recording, and reporting of stock-based compensation expense
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your areas of responsibilities, including designing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting compliant with SOX
- Contribute to other strategic projects and initiatives as needed
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including experience managing financial reporting at a public company and Big Four public accounting experience. BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA is required.
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of U.S. GAAP, including technical accounting research and preparation of accounting memos
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and ownership mentality, able to work independently and proactively
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects under tight deadlines
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.