Senior Backend Engineer
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo - while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
The experience team is building applications and services that expose end-users' financial information through a set of public-facing, easy to use APIs. In addition to that, we take care of the Developer Experience through documentation, SDKs, examples and other developer-facing tools.
- Develop our client-facing APIs, especially as we add data sources, endpoints or a new product altogether.
- Build excellent documentation, SDKs, client libraries. Continuously improve the "developer experience" of Belvo's platform.
- Be customer-focused, think as a user of our APIs. Proactively tackle potential improvements and customer pain points.
- Carefully manage API retro compatibility, document API changes and implement deprecation plans.
- Implement automated quality assurance and monitoring modules.
This position may be for you if:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- 3+ (mid level) or 5+ (senior level) years of experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Working experience programming in Python. Django is a plus.
- Track record of producing A-grade documentation for public consumption
- Detail-oriented developer, coding so others can read and work with your code
- Willingness to solve challenging problems
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data
- Experience building large-scale platforms with global reach.
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
Flexible working hours
Access to mental health service
Paid time off on your birthday
Work from any office twice per year
Renew your laptop every 2 years
Team building events
Bank holidays swap inside the same month
Fitness/ wellness stipends
Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings