See all jobs
Oct 8th, 2021
Director of Engineering
Quartzy is seeking a Director of Engineering to help lead engineering efforts across our platform which consists of two core products including a SaaS inventory management platform and an e-commerce shop for inventory ordering.
You’re a talented and experienced engineering leader with a proven track record of building high-performing teams, great products, and collaborative working relationships. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building technology that improves the lives of those who use them.
The ideal person will have experience leading product focused engineering teams building B2B SaaS platforms. You’re a self-starter with a bias for action and can take projects and initiative from start to finish, but also know how to engage others and know when to ask for help. You like to work with a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production daily. You’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Science industry by the building tools to accelerate research & development.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Build, lead and manage a remote-first team of full-stack engineers
- Work closely with key stakeholders including executives, product, operations and marketing to execute the strategic vision and roadmap for the organization
- Provide feedback, career development, performance management, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members; Instill a strong sense of ownership and empowerment
- Work the your teams to provide technical leadership and to prioritize and scope engineering initiatives
- Work closely with Tech leads and Operations teams to ensure architectural scalability, performance, security, and maintainability
- Define, manage, and communicate project schedules, develop agile processes that drive measurable value for the team, and drive teams towards predictable project delivery
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience leading full stack engineering teams, preferably having some distributed team experience
- You have experience managing multiple software teams, hiring and growing senior team leaders and managers
- Strong understanding of agile software development processes, web-app development and performance fundamentals, and related dev tools
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!